About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Heresy!

Words fail me.



Well, maybe not entirely. Here’s where I stopped on the sleeve last night.



I am learning a little about photography. It would seem that photographing tone-on-tone makes the contrasts more visible, though these colors are still a bit washed out. That soft cantaloupe you see is a much brighter orange, and that yellow is chartreuse. The darker greens are fairly accurate, though.

My girls might know why this street sign caught my eye.



[Mom’s baby sister; last Thursday would have been her 94th birthday.]

And now if you will all kindly excuse me, there is a contrast row to work while the tub fills...

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Miss me while we are gone at camp. No sarcasm added to your blog for four whole days. Whatever will you do?

anita said...

I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading The Ravelled Sleave. It's one of the first things I look for when I sit down to read the news and whatnot.

Angeluna said...

Laughing here. I was in the car with the BF the other day when I saw that "Who Needs Sheep" sign. I gasped, then said audibly, "Knitters."

Sherry said...

The picture is absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to see it in real life on Saturday. I'll try to be there about 10 if that's good for you. You are my birthday gift to myself!