About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Heresy!

Words fail me.



Well, maybe not entirely. Here’s where I stopped on the sleeve last night.



I am learning a little about photography. It would seem that photographing tone-on-tone makes the contrasts more visible, though these colors are still a bit washed out. That soft cantaloupe you see is a much brighter orange, and that yellow is chartreuse. The darker greens are fairly accurate, though.

My girls might know why this street sign caught my eye.



[Mom’s baby sister; last Thursday would have been her 94th birthday.]

And now if you will all kindly excuse me, there is a contrast row to work while the tub fills...

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Miss me while we are gone at camp. No sarcasm added to your blog for four whole days. Whatever will you do?

anita said...

I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading The Ravelled Sleave. It's one of the first things I look for when I sit down to read the news and whatnot.

Angeluna said...

Laughing here. I was in the car with the BF the other day when I saw that "Who Needs Sheep" sign. I gasped, then said audibly, "Knitters."

Sherry said...

The picture is absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to see it in real life on Saturday. I'll try to be there about 10 if that's good for you. You are my birthday gift to myself!