About Me

My photo
Five years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day Four

I have maintained for many years that there is laughter and humor in Heaven. My inbox yesterday was one more proof. There was an email from the new ward mission leader, informing me that our stake president has requested that the ward missionary correlation committee meet half an hour before the 7:30 meetings I am already attending [ward council or the priesthood executive committee, depending upon the week], which take place before our regular block of meetings. My 7:30 meetings have entirely eliminated my propensity to be late for church at 9:00. This new meeting will ensure that I am on time for my 7:30 meetings.

If you look up and see a big Cheshire Cat grin in the sky, this would be why.

Yesterday was a not-so-much-about-the-painting day. I picked up my friend at 8:00, and we grabbed breakfast at Whataburger on the way to the temple. I saw so many friends there: a sister from my very first ward in Texas, several people from my old wards in Arlington, a handful of folks from this ward. [Firstborn, both Brother and Sister ElderlyKayakers were there.] After the temple, we went to lunch at LaMadeleine and sat and talked for two hours. Then we stopped at Entertainmart, where I picked up two movies I’d been wanting, and I took my friend home.

I poured a glass of milk, grabbed my knitting, and put in a DVD: Miss Potter, to be precise. I am generally not fond of Ms. Zellweger’s mannerisms, but she was excellent in this movie. It’s a keeper.

Knit Night was also terrific. Lots of friends there, old and new, and respectable progress on the re-knitting of one section on the second sleeve; I am nearly caught up to the first one. I intend to catch up that last bit in a few minutes, after breakfast, while watching the last of the special features on the Miss Potter DVD.

I faded right on schedule at 8:45 last night but managed to stay vertical and somewhat coherent until Middlest was ready to leave a few minutes later. One of our friends was crocheting a basket for Ichigo, one of Middlest’s dolls. Of course we couldn’t leave until the basket had two handles!

Middlest made me promise to text her when I got home safely, which I did. And I went to bed shortly thereafter. Today I feel ready [in a phrase the children’s father and his mother both used] to tackle my weight in wildcats. I should be able to get both walls painted so that I can do the faux-finishing tomorrow. I have my presidency meeting tonight with my counselors and secretary and am hoping and praying for no nasty surprises with the weather: we have much tweaking to do with the visiting teaching. And maybe there will be a little nap in the middle of the day.

But now I’m off for some preprandial knitting.


Jenni said...

I love our kayaking friends and it must have been nice to see them.

I don't remember the wildcats thing but there are large portions of my childhood that I have repressed! lol

Tan said...

I am just popping in to say that I am reading along but not commenting much due to the rigors of trying to organize my life.