About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Monday, June 01, 2009

Ten years.

@Kristen: I have a pair of rebellious [I was going to say “revolting”, but they’re still awfully cute] baby socks under construction, too. And another miniature sweater for the Christmas ornament collection. And about 2” of lace on my friend’s Lace Ribbon Scarf.

The $500 dresser I have been drooling over, is marked down to $249. I am trying fifteen ways from Sunday to justify the purchase, and I simply cannot. Maybe if I wait another four or five weeks, they will drop the price to $125, and then I will grin wolfishly as slap my debit card down on the counter.

Goodness! Did a pig just fly through my living room?

Here is a “medium” picture of the Sunrise Circle Jacket with its buttons and button loops.



And another. Am I ever glad that I didn’t choose the “large” size! Next is a button detail, with a much better representation of what the fabric looks like.



Today is the official ten-year anniversary on the job. Another five years, and I will get four weeks of vacation! [But in two weeks, I will take one of the three that I get now.] I have been working for this company, first in a claims office, and now in corporate law, for half as long as I was married to the children’s father. For half of LittleBit’s life.

Speaking of anniversaries, today is the seventh anniversary of Firstborn and 1BDH! They celebrated with a stay at a B&B in East Texas on Friday night and a Saturday trip on the Texas State Railroad, but they rode the steam engine, not the diesel that Trainman, LadyZen and I took back in March. She got some great pictures; I told her, “Almost thou persuadest me to stay in a B&B. I love the Piney Woods of East Texas.”

I had the kind of restful weekend that I was hoping for last weekend, once my ankles recovered from all that standing at the bookstore on Friday night. I have been nibbling away at the Harlot’s essays instead of reading them all at one sitting. Oh, how I love good writing.

Today I am back at work on the Lace Ribbon Scarf. I am not quite through the first repeat of the pattern, so it is nowhere near memorized. I am making little tick marks alongside the pattern as I complete each knit row, and I threw out four pens yesterday: one while sitting in the bishop’s office after church and three more when I got home. [No, I was not knitting in the bishop’s office, though I’m sure he wouldn’t have minded; I was trying to take notes for my calling.]

So I guess a trip to the grocery store is in order. I would write a reminder on a sticky note but oh ~ no pen! ~ so I will just have to hope that my short-term memory is operative when I get off the train tonight.

You girls can stop that snickering right now!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Does your phone have an alarm feature? Sometimes I set reminders for myslef to do things on my phone. It is helpful.