About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, June 01, 2009

Ten years.

@Kristen: I have a pair of rebellious [I was going to say “revolting”, but they’re still awfully cute] baby socks under construction, too. And another miniature sweater for the Christmas ornament collection. And about 2” of lace on my friend’s Lace Ribbon Scarf.

The $500 dresser I have been drooling over, is marked down to $249. I am trying fifteen ways from Sunday to justify the purchase, and I simply cannot. Maybe if I wait another four or five weeks, they will drop the price to $125, and then I will grin wolfishly as slap my debit card down on the counter.

Goodness! Did a pig just fly through my living room?

Here is a “medium” picture of the Sunrise Circle Jacket with its buttons and button loops.



And another. Am I ever glad that I didn’t choose the “large” size! Next is a button detail, with a much better representation of what the fabric looks like.



Today is the official ten-year anniversary on the job. Another five years, and I will get four weeks of vacation! [But in two weeks, I will take one of the three that I get now.] I have been working for this company, first in a claims office, and now in corporate law, for half as long as I was married to the children’s father. For half of LittleBit’s life.

Speaking of anniversaries, today is the seventh anniversary of Firstborn and 1BDH! They celebrated with a stay at a B&B in East Texas on Friday night and a Saturday trip on the Texas State Railroad, but they rode the steam engine, not the diesel that Trainman, LadyZen and I took back in March. She got some great pictures; I told her, “Almost thou persuadest me to stay in a B&B. I love the Piney Woods of East Texas.”

I had the kind of restful weekend that I was hoping for last weekend, once my ankles recovered from all that standing at the bookstore on Friday night. I have been nibbling away at the Harlot’s essays instead of reading them all at one sitting. Oh, how I love good writing.

Today I am back at work on the Lace Ribbon Scarf. I am not quite through the first repeat of the pattern, so it is nowhere near memorized. I am making little tick marks alongside the pattern as I complete each knit row, and I threw out four pens yesterday: one while sitting in the bishop’s office after church and three more when I got home. [No, I was not knitting in the bishop’s office, though I’m sure he wouldn’t have minded; I was trying to take notes for my calling.]

So I guess a trip to the grocery store is in order. I would write a reminder on a sticky note but oh ~ no pen! ~ so I will just have to hope that my short-term memory is operative when I get off the train tonight.

You girls can stop that snickering right now!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Does your phone have an alarm feature? Sometimes I set reminders for myslef to do things on my phone. It is helpful.