About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, November 12, 2010

29 hours

More or less. That’s how long I have before the new guy gets here tomorrow morning. Thankfully, I don’t have a lot to do to make this place presentable before he walks in the door, because I have been nibbling at that elephant, one bite at a time, and as inspired or energized, for the better part of two months.

Dinner with Brother Sushi tonight. The man has never eaten at Cheesecake Factory, primarily because he loathes cheesecake. [Does. Not. Compute.] So we are crossing that particular item off his bucket list, if indeed it made it onto the list in the first place.

I shredded a mere 55 pages last night. There is a two-inch-thick notebook sitting atop the shredder, but I am not going to think about it until Monday. Well, maybe Sunday after church.

I have, I think, eleven rounds to go before I start the decreases on this first missionary hat. I really, really like the pattern I have chosen. And the yarn is so soft and luscious. Part of me wants to go hop on the couch and whip out another pattern repeat before breakfast. But the part of me which is impersonating a responsible adult is going to throw her jeans on, load three boxes into the car, and go work out for the first time all week.

I went to the temple last night. It reopened on Tuesday, and it was so good to be back in the House of the Lord. And I realized while pooping out toward the end of a measly five initiatories that I need to get into better shape, and fast, if I want to be any good as a temple worker in a month and a half.

A much better motivation than simple human vanity.

Happy Friday, everybody! Eat chocolate. Hug somebody, two-legged or four-. I plan on doing the same.

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

"The part of me which is impersonating a responsible adult." Lol! I think we can all relate to that line--perfect!