About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Monday, November 29, 2010

What a great weekend!

Got the refilled Advent calendar delivered to one of my friends and her family. (Get thee behind me, Hershey kisses!) A box to the thrift store on my way to church. The restrung bracelet back to its owner, and because I have not reset all of my clocks, just most of them, I was an hour early to church and had a great visit with my friend who is our ward librarian and also serves unofficially in the same capacity for the other ward.

Church, of course, was wonderful. Afterward, I drove straight down to Secondborn’s house and retrieved the last of Mount Washmore from their dryer, with BittyBubba’s help.

The concept of a truly helpful three-year-old is still somewhat foreign to me, but he asked if he could help me, and help me he did. [Somebody that height is mighty handy when a sock tumbles out onto the floor, mid-scoop.] We were done in less than a minute, I visited for another five, hugs all around and then out the door, and he locked it after me.

And then I came home, nuked an entrée, and went to bed, sleeping until almost midnight. Up for two hours and some crackers and peanut butter, back down for three.

Missionary hat #2 is nearly done. I could finish it before leaving for work, but my gym bag is packed, and Im out of milk and juice. ‘Tis the season to be listening to Christmas CD’s. I listened to George Strait on the way to the kids’ house on Saturday night. I’ll grab another for the commute today, for after I’ve listened to my scriptures.

I might even pick up some eggnog, to cut 50% with milk. And I suspect that the pumpkin shakes are back at Jack in the Box.

Ho! Ho! Ho!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I had an eggnog shake the other day and it was delish!

Bonnie said...

I've been resisting buying eggnog, because once I do, it's all over but the cryin'!