About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ravelled Eat Black Hole

[With apologies to Jimmy, not to mention the world.] Three more bags are headed out to the curb before I leave for work.



Plus a box empty save for a few stubborn seed beads from an ancient beaded bag (reticule?) that a friend gave me several years ago, which bag may end up finding a new home with another friend who is much into steampunk and Victoriana. [Or I may just photograph it within an inch of its life, surgically remove the rotting bag and the moulting beads, and reuse the frame.]



My sleep was much disrupted last night. Went to bed at 10:00 or so. Woke up about 1:30 with a body screaming for water. Back to bed an hour later, up again at 4:45. I think I am going back for another hour. We are having our Thanksgiving luncheon at work today. I need to rest up for that. And since I have missed the last two Knit Nights because of my fatal attraction to the shredder, I probably ought to look up where it’s being held tonight, so that when I [probably] skip it again in favor of more sleep, I will at least know where I’m not-going.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Your landlady should be proud that you are getting your money's worth from those recycling bins.