About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Great dreams last night.

I was knitting, knitting, knitting. Red yarn. [But not Red Heart yarn, which was good, honest wool when I was a kid and is now a shoddy acrylic.] Skimmed the new issue of “Vogue Knitting” and will probably buy it, because there are lots of great red sweaters and accessories in it. And several designs in other colors that wouldn’t look good on me, but in the right yarn would be magnificent on some of the dolls.

As I was preparing to leave the parking garage last night, a woman pointed at one of my headlights. I rolled the window down, and she told me it was out. I had been planning to skip Knit Night and just go home. Instead, I called 1BDH and asked if he would be available to switch out the light after class. He would. So I drove to Arlington, to the parts shop where one of his friends works (or worked), and bought a new bulb and some Neiman Marcus (high-end) wiper blades. And the guy at the parts shop installed it all for me, gratis.

The wiper blades really do work magnificently. I spent more on them than I used to spend on a pair of shoes, and I have no idea whether they will last any longer than the cheap ones through a Texas summer, but we shall see. And it’s raining [still] today, so they will get a good workout.

I can’t pull up any election results for Dallas County. There are a handful of spectacularly awful judges who really need to go. I am crossing my fingers (I can still drive like that, barely), but I am not holding my breath.

Hoping for another quiet evening at home. Much progress on Willow’s sock at Knit Night last night. I went, after the parts store and after a burger and most-excellent fries at Smashburger, but I did not stay long. I need to go pull up a shoe size = foot length chart to know how much longer to make it.

The Yarn Harlot’s post yesterday was scathingly brilliant.

No comments: