About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

The big news?

The big news is that I got eight hours of sleep last night. And made the worst pan of cornbread in my life, for dinner last night. One of my girlfriends came over for dinner, bringing two side salads from Wendy’s and an apple crisp for dessert. I made cornbread and a big pot of potato-leek soup. She went home, and I went to bed after paying a couple of bills online.

I have maybe two decrease rounds left on the gusset of Willow’s sock and then a quick gallop to the toe. Still pondering stitch patterns for the missionary hats. Tola, I will check out your suggestion, once I get over the shock of being fully rested.

Happy Tuesday, everybody! I may or may not go to Knit Night tonight. I may just come home and celebrate a full night’s sleep with a victory lap around my pillows.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Are you sure about the "worst pan of cornbread of my life" statement? Your cornbread was pretty good growing up, but I'm thinking in terms of general cooking disasters from my childhood and "worst" seems like quite a claim to put on anything nowadays. :)