About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Yet another quick post

Yesterday was pritnear perfect. Church, of course, was wonderful. I noshed all day on leftovers from Saturday: half a souvlaki, the last of the Greek donuts in cinnamon honey glaze, a random brownie or two. Watched Anne of Green Gables while whittling down the number of stitches on my needles for missionary hat #1. I should easily finish that today, and I have Willow’s sock in my bag for if I do.

I also have the coffee table set up with Olfa cutter, mat, straight-edge, and the homespun-looking fabric to make 100 money bags for our Night in Old Bethlehem. I hope to get that project knocked out tonight, using techniques gleaned from years of making Log Cabin quilts. And then I can cast on for missionary hat #2, if not tonight, then most likely tomorrow.

I have three small bags of shredding waiting by the door, as is my gym bag. Tonight’s appointed shredding is stacked neatly atop the shredder, waiting for my attention, while the shredder itself is panting gently as it naps. Time to put on my shoes and go work off all that good food and make room for sensible fare. It’s a good thing I’m not Greek: I would weigh 500 lbs!

I have my eye on the next box to be dealt with. I don’t think it suspects.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Proud of you for shredding but all we want to hear about are deets from the evening out with New Guy.