About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Achy breaky bod

No, I’m not hurt. No slips, no falls, no Keystone Kops antics. Just two loads of laundry last night, and an hour or so in the pool moving stuff that had kind of set-up since last I went, and a cooler than usual evening because of the rainstorm last night. My hands, and various other bits, are quite stiff and tender this morning. It will pass.

The light show was amazing while I was out and about. I thought, briefly, about fire falling out of the sky and obliterating Sodom and Gomorrah, it was that intense. [Wonder if any of the bars or “family restaurants” (you know, that chain with the owls that proclaims itself to be one, but isn’t) got hit?] Couldn’t hear any thunder from where I was, and the sky was only partially blanketed with clouds. We have had crazy winds since Saturday.

I was awakened briefly about an hour ago by rain pummeling the window unit in my bedroom. I suppose I ought to check it for hail, but it wasn’t that noisy.

We have had a stand-down in terms of the level of care needed for the postpartum sister. [So glad that I am no longer in charge of all this.] I gave the compassionate service leader my availability this week, and thus far my number has not come up. So it looks as if I will be able to go to Knit Night with a clear conscience.

Work is a little crazy, but in a good way. I opened two new cases yesterday.

Late-night exercise is not for me. There was some serious but chaste flirting going on amongst the 30-somethings. A couple of guys acting as if they were 13, i.e., loud and goofy. It was more endearing than annoying, but there were way too many people there at 10:00 last night. The ones who show up at dark-thirty in the morning are there for exercise and not for fellowship or romance.

And I was still wide awake after midnight, so I am going to have to get my rear in gear and set the alarm earlier and scoot out the door tomorrow morning, though I might go again tonight, after Knit Night, depending upon mood and need.

But yeah, I got a lot done last night even if my body is grumbling good-naturedly. I have clean clothes. I have new toothbrushes and more water for my CPAP and some things I picked up with a coupon. I woke up a trigger point or two, and might even have gotten rid of one if the itching in my back was any indication. And while I was at the store, I got cash to pay the massage therapist tomorrow night.

I am more or less on track with my knitting goal for the week, so that is good.

And my ankles are a lot happier this morning.

OK, you know the drill: be good, remember who you are, and let people know that you love them. I, um, may have done just that Sunday night.

2 comments:

AlisonH said...

I read somewhere that one should finish exercsing an hour at least before you go to bed so that it doesn't interfere with sleep. Speaking of which--treadmill time here.

AlisonH said...

And that last line you wrote--coming back to say, good for you.