About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Monday, June 27, 2011

Stealth project nearly done!

I have four rounds left. And I need to join on another ball of the main color, which, thankfully, I have.

I also have a skein of Malabrigo in my stash, leftover from knitting Autumn Asters, in a plausible approximation of Packers green. Do any of you have half a ball or more of Malabrigo in a rich VW yellow that you would be willing to sell me? If not, I will just have to make a field trip to Knitting Nook on Saturday.

Oh, darn.

The water was shut off in our meetinghouse yesterday, so we only had sacrament meeting. I came home, ate a snack, and took a nap. When I awoke, I spent the rest of the day reading and knitting and listening to podcasts.

This is what is on my iPod at the moment [not counting the music]:
1. Knit Picks. I have started over from the first one. She has a lovely voice.
2. Sticks & String. I do love me some David Reidy.
3. Knitting Rose. She is local!
4. The Savvy Girls. So far, squeaky clean, and one of them sings opera.
5. The Anatomy of Knitting. I have not listened to her yet, but I have 25 of her 27 episodes loaded. Episode 6 is marked explicit [she dropped a stitch? in silk?], so needless to say I am not loading that one. And another appears to be simply an announcement of who won a contest for some Wollmeise(!!!)
6. A church-ish one, wherein one of my friends recorded an episode on interfaith marriage. Until I have listened to the others in that series, I will not share the name of it. Some of the non-official websites, such as Meridian, are careful to be doctrinally correct. Others are corrupted by worldly philosophies. I lived a worldly life for 23 years. While none of you would jump off a roof if I suggested it, some of you value my opinion sufficiently that if I said I liked something, you would try it. Ergo, I have a responsibility to make sure that anything I endorse, will be edifying.

So:
Pie5 Pizza in Montgomery Plaza
Malabrigo
::cough:: not living in sin ::cough::
[wipe the milk off your monitor; you know I love you!]
Harry Potter, whether written, filmed, or knitted
Chop House Burgers on Park Row in Arlington

That ought to keep us all out of the pool halls for awhile.

2 comments:

AlisonH said...

And qiviut.

Okay, I have to tell you my word verification word to enter this comment: coirlame. Picture a doormat decked out a la Liberace. Made me burst out laughing.

nekokoi said...

love you too. <3