About Me

My photo
Five years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Friday, June 24, 2011

So, a good day all around.

He sailed through his surgery. I taught his new daughter-in-law the knitted cast on and, from that, how to knit. I will leave it to Mel to teach her how to purl, but when I left the hospital, C had about two inches of astoundingly even stitches worked and was patiently soldiering away.

I like his mom.

When the boys showed up, with real food for his mom and C, I shook hands with the one I barely know, and he said, “None of that!” and pulled me in for a bear hug. Got another one from C’s hubby.

Met up with BFF for a late lunch at Fuzzy’s Tacos. Fish tacos were excellent as always. Guac was painfully hot, and I had forgotten that they oversalt their chips, so most of that went to waste [instead of to waist]. Drove home with the intention of freshening up and heading over to the temple for my Thursday night shift, but about midway home I just wilted, so I emailed my supervisors and then left messages on their cell phones. Drank a glass of water and went right to bed, where I slept for six hours[!].

I am ready to go back to bed. The new guy has his laptop and a portable DVD player with him. He’s been on Facebook already, thanking everyone for their prayers. Presumably he is out like a light. He was pretty pleased that he got two hours of unbroken sleep while they were operating on him.

Kristen, how is your niece faring?

I put another seven inches or so on BittyBubba’s birthday gift while at the hospital. It is looking really, really good, and I hope he will be pleased. I already know what I want to do for his little brother’s scaled-down version, and [I think] also for BittyBit’s, although that design is still negotiable.

Wednesday night’s massage was amazing. She is very strong, and quite intuitive. I thought we would work on the trigger points in my neck and shoulders and upper back. She spent most of the time working on my ankles and resetting the lymph pumps in my feet, and I am starting to feel a real difference there. She also gave me the name of her chiropractor. I went to the pool afterward and walked for about a third of a mile. Would have walked longer, but she warned me that the work she had done, would keep my bladder busy for several hours. She wasn’t kidding.

The wedding bouquet is drying nicely in the doorway to my studio.

My hands want to knit. My eyes want to sleep. My mouth is parched, and my cell phone needs charging. I think I will try for a two or three hour nap and then get up and go to the gym before work.

MizA, you will be in my thoughts and prayers today.


AlisonH said...

Thoughts and prayers from here for all concerned.

Kristen said...

Sounds like a very good day!Rebecah came through her surgery okay, but the after-effects have been quite bad. She has leaked some spinal fluid, the tumor was larger than expected, and they told them to prepare for a 2-yr-recovery...