About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Too many athletes, not enough horses.

And my camera battery died, early on in the parade (before I could get a picture of the Clydesdales or the bagpipe corps).

So, all I could offer you is a view, seven stories up, of the pre-parade crowd, but I don’t have the energy to pull it off my camera and paste it here.

I had a fairly bad case of the idawanna’s yesterday. It did not go away, overnight. I didn’t sleep well on Wednesday night; my [CPAP] mask slipped around on my face, so I think I probably woke up a lot, but not enough for it to register consciously. And last night was more of the same, except that I did wake up once and was grateful to go back to sleep, plus weird dreams.

All I know is, I sure hope I start sleeping better once we get a precise diagnosis, a surgery date, and the new guy is all patched up and on the road to recovery.

MovieMom reviewed Green Lantern and managed to get in digs at the casting, the editing, the unimpressive use of 3D, the vavoom factor of the obligatory girlfriend, and Ayn Rand. [My girls will appreciate the last.] I still want to see the movie. Furthermore, as soon as practicable, I also want to take up Firstborn on her offer of Ironman and its sequel.

This would not be the night. Tonight I have a party for the Primary leaders and teachers at our bishop’s house, assuming I am up to it after the new guy calls me this afternoon.

In knitting news, there was steady progress on BittyBubba’s present yesterday, and because I got to leave work half an hour ahead of schedule, I stopped at Holley’s Yarn Shoppe, which is a relatively new place quite near to the temple, and bought some four-inch HiyaHiya DP’s in the size I meant to buy when I bought the extra set of 6-0’s the last time I was in Shabby Sheep.

I coveted some of the Manos Lace (the yarn I’ve used for Lark’s and Willow’s shawlettes) in a rich variegated ruby red. If the news this afternoon is not as wonderful as I hope it will be, I will go back and pick up a skein, or possibly two: one for me, and one for a sweater for Honor and then miscellaneous small items for sale. I have some teardrop-shaped beads in the right color, in my bead stash.

The tub is full. I am nearly done with breakfast. And if I hustle my bustle, I can stop at the store on my way to work and pick up an industrial-size bottle of Cherry Coke; the deli at work has been out since I drank the last bottle earlier this week. And I strongly suspect this is going to be a Cherry Coke day. There was only one item on my to-do list when I left the office yesterday. I may be sending out a will type for food email to the other legal secretaries.

Prayers for all concerned, if you please. His mom flew in last night. I get to Meet-the-Mom at the wedding tomorrow. [And I get to decide if I’m going to ask the bride to pitch the bouquet directly to me, or if I’m going to trust fate on that score.]

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Mwa-ha-ha. Do brides take requests on where to throw the bouquet? I hope the news about NewGuy is great.

AlisonH said...

Best wishes to your friend.

Watch the coloring on the Manos brand; I've seen five skeins side-by-side, same dyelot, each noticeably different from its peers I guess depending on when they hit the water in the kettle.