About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Feeling a little rash.

No, literally. There is something weird going on with my neck and collarbone area, but I don’t see or feel any bite marks. I think a food allergy would have shown up sooner. I’ll spare you the visual.

Nearly done with part two of the wedding present, which puts me somewhere between 25% and 33% finished. I hope to complete this part by the end of lunch, and I am aiming for lots of happy knitting this weekend.

There is a young married sister in the new guy’s ward who serves on Thursday nights in the temple. She took me aside last night and said, “I have something to give you, from somebody.” It was a hug, from him.

He is just the dearest, kindest, funnest [it is too a word!] guy. This morning he has his pre-op consultation. I am hoping to be busy enough at work, not to spazz, but not so busy that I can’t think or pray.

One of the single adults is checking to see if we can organize a group fast for him. I told a friend at work, not of our faith. She told me to let her know, and she would fast for him.

The kindness, unselfishness, and generosity of my friends just blows me away.

I took some pictures while in traffic yesterday. No telling if any of them turned out, but I may have some comic relief for you this weekend.

Getting my nails done tonight. Hoping for an early bedtime. I slept well, and I suspect it is going to be another Cherry Coke day.

No comments: