About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Parade? Downtown? For this?

I know the Mavs fans are happy, including the new guy. However, there is a parade in downtown Dallas this morning, and there will be street closings beginning at 8:00a.m. The parade starts near the back of my building, so we will be affected.

Security will be standing at the entrance to the parking garage, to make sure that parade watchers do not fill it up and make it impossible for those of us with parking passes to access our spaces. [Thankfully, the head of security knows me quite well and shares one of my hobbies.]

This means I need to leave shortly so that I am well ahead of the curve of rush hour and can be in my building in an hour, knitting, and at my desk at 8:00. The good news is, I can also close down the popsicle stand half an hour earlier than usual, making for a leisurely commute to the temple.

My bags are by the door. Lunch is packed. I know what I will be wearing. I just need to step away from the computer and start foofing.

Bread and circuses, people, bread and circuses. Although there should be horses aplenty, and marching bands.

mmm, drumline. OK, I feel better about this.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I get the bread and circuses reference, only because it was just in a fictionalized book on war. Don't hate on the sports fans, non knitters need hobbies too (although I'm in agreement with you that I have absolutely no interest in watching most organized sports). :)

Jenni said...

But it is just to cool to have our local sports teams doing well (and especially Rangers and Mavs, as opposed to the Cowboys and that Jeery Jones.)