About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Sunday, June 05, 2011

A nice, productive, restful day.

  • Lorelai’s oil changed.
  • Half or more of the grocery shopping, mostly involving cherry-picking the sales at two or three stores.
  • Blue painter’s tape to go with the graph paper I bought on Friday night.
  • Five vials of lime green beads to go with the laceweight bamboo yarn (I have a doll shawl in mind).
  • The rest of the sawdust pie for breakfast.
  • A surprising new taste treat: edamame hummus, on a baguette that was still quite warm when I put it in my cart at the store.
  • The first 24-row repeat of the third pattern clue on the Summer Mystery Shawlette, and nearly half of the second repeat. I have worked a few more rows this morning.
  • One Primary lesson prepared.
  • Several brief chortly emails back and forth with the new guy.
  • A new stealth project, for BittyBubba’s birthday. It will be my church knitting for the foreseeable future. I put four rounds on it before I finally gave up verticality and went to bed to bed last night.
I aim to finish that second repeat when I get home from church today, either before or after the nap which I am already craving. But first, breakfast, and the assembly of snacks for my Primary class, and a quick sluicing, and out the door.

No comments: