About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, June 09, 2011

Exceptionally random synaptic firings.

Having friends is one of the things that makes life worth living. Weird, random, not-entirely-awake thought that just poked its head up like a prairie dog: all of the people praying for the new guy, in and out of the church, make the world just that much better of a place. All of us uniting our hearts and minds and voices in hope on his behalf, helps to bring about Heaven’s will for him, and also strengthens and purifies and reconnects the rest of us.

I worked on his kids’ wedding gift last night while 2BDH worked on my computer. At this point I am approximately 25% done, if all goes according to plan.

Had pizza with the Knit Night group at a new place that just opened up (as in, last Friday) at Montgomery Plaza. It was just a little too salty; my ankles are a bit swollen this morning. I'm sure it didn't help that my attorney took me, and his former secretary, to lunch yesterday to celebrate our anniversaries with the corporation: 12 years for me, this month, and 16 for her. A wrap place in the tunnels. I got all kinds of veggies in mine and was only able to eat half. Will have the other half for lunch today.

Had an almost stellar day at work yesterday. Much accomplished in a reasonably orderly fashion. Desk is looking more the way I want it. Physical inbox (where my attorney puts the dictated tapes) is not in cup-runneth-over mode. Electronic inbox has been whittled down to size. All of which dovetail to make the workday sweeter.

Very much wishing I could go back to bed and sleep until it’s time to go to the temple tonight. I’m sleeping better but still not feeling as if it were *enough*.

I need to followup on that call I made to the massage therapist.

Sorry: you’re getting whatever is bubbling up to the surface, this morning. I think I will go back to bed for another hour and try again.

The new guy says they may be able to do his surgery laparoscopically.

Be good, and remember who you are.

No comments: