About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Thought for the day?

Posted by a friend on FB yesterday, playfully attributing it to someone he knew: “The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it is still on the list.”

Have we not all felt like that, at one time or another?

No, it’s not what the Savior preached. But it makes me snort. And it makes me think.

I had a really good day yesterday, appreciated all the more because of the interesting days I have had, over the past few weeks.

My KnitPicks order arrived, days ahead of when I expected it, and my modular needles are now organized, along with the cables and the bits and bobs of accessories. There is more laceweight yarn in the stash, for dolly knitting.

Willow’s shawlette is nearly done, and I did some research on BittyBubba’s birthday present, which is up next, because it will be a quick and fairly mindless knit.

I ordered the cake for this week’s office birthday party, on the drive home yesterday, and the heat outside (and inside Lorelai) was sufficient that once I got home, I wanted to peel down past my skin and let the AC whistle between my ribs. So no Knit Night for me. I drank lots of water and contemplated a shower but didn’t quite have the energy. I sat very carefully in this chair, waiting for the sweat to dry up and go away, and once I was 98.6 again I got on the couch and communed with the shawlette and thought a good thunk and had a nice quiet evening at home.

I noodled around with my finances last night, when I wasn’t knitting, and by the end of next year I should have nearly as much in savings as I had in debt at the beginning of this year. I did the math twice.

And on that happy note, I will bid you all a happy Wednesday and grab my bags and hit the road.

No comments: