About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

"Be brave. Ask questions."

I saw that on the side of a bus in downtown Dallas last night as I was on my way to Knit Night.

So, I got another interesting email from my bishop on the subject of the new guy, and I wrote back with some clarifying questions, and his answers were waiting for me when I woke up at 3:00 this morning. I have an eight-page draft or dissertation that needs to ferment a little before I send it.

I have something like eight repeats done on the brow band of the chemo cap.

Brother Sushi is engaged. I am over the moon! When we were at dinner Monday night, he told me all the he-said-she-said stuff, and I asked if I could tell the new guy, and he said I could tell anybody I wanted. I asked if I could blog about it, and his eyes got really big, and he sighed, and he said yes, I could.

So I have.

Not as if I had put it out there on Facebook, where his status remains unchanged. And likely will until the fait is accompli.

I was sitting in Knit Night when I had the sudden, overwhelming impression that I needed to go home. So I did. Still no idea why, other than the email from my bishop. All appears to be well at the Better-Than-OK Corral. I have a lot on my mind, but am not sure how to say it, so I will just get ready for work and ease on down the road.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Glad things are mostly ok. I have been so busy myself I hadn't caught up with anything in a while.

Bonnie said...

I'm glad that new guy is recovering well and that you have plenty of knitting to keep you busy.