About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

"Be brave. Ask questions."

I saw that on the side of a bus in downtown Dallas last night as I was on my way to Knit Night.

So, I got another interesting email from my bishop on the subject of the new guy, and I wrote back with some clarifying questions, and his answers were waiting for me when I woke up at 3:00 this morning. I have an eight-page draft or dissertation that needs to ferment a little before I send it.

I have something like eight repeats done on the brow band of the chemo cap.

Brother Sushi is engaged. I am over the moon! When we were at dinner Monday night, he told me all the he-said-she-said stuff, and I asked if I could tell the new guy, and he said I could tell anybody I wanted. I asked if I could blog about it, and his eyes got really big, and he sighed, and he said yes, I could.

So I have.

Not as if I had put it out there on Facebook, where his status remains unchanged. And likely will until the fait is accompli.

I was sitting in Knit Night when I had the sudden, overwhelming impression that I needed to go home. So I did. Still no idea why, other than the email from my bishop. All appears to be well at the Better-Than-OK Corral. I have a lot on my mind, but am not sure how to say it, so I will just get ready for work and ease on down the road.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Glad things are mostly ok. I have been so busy myself I hadn't caught up with anything in a while.

Bonnie said...

I'm glad that new guy is recovering well and that you have plenty of knitting to keep you busy.