About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Chaos 0, Ms. Ravelled a bunch

It was a good weekend. Lots of steady puttering, adding up to increased order with only minimal interim disorder. None of this "we had to destroy the village to save it" nonsense.

I got one of the bookcases moved into the studio. Another one (the folding one behind the door) moved out into the living room and filled with two boxes of cookbooks that had not seen the light of day since I left Fort Worth two years ago.

The Christmas tree is in three sections and tossed into the middle bedroom until I order and receive a storage bag for it. My spinning chair and the small Pottery Barn bench are occupying the space where the tree stood, to be joined later this year by a Lendrum double treadle spinning wheel.

The card making supplies and beading supplies are back in the studio. The laundry was caught up before I left for lunch with Br. Sushi on Saturday. I ran the dishwasher. And the shredder.

I picked up another item for my sister's Christmas box. Stocked up on milk and day-old baked goods. The leftovers in my fridge have been providently consumed.

Taught the RS lesson yesterday. HT / VT came over after church. Got a big hug from her and a blessing from him.

And now I go into work for one day, before taking two days off. I feel inoculated against the crazy that might erupt from back to back anniversaries. Hoping to be incredibly productive today, both in terms of what I get paid for, and in progress on my tax return during lunch.

No comments: