About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Tardis is paid off.

Title should arrive in the mail in the next few days. I'm hoping it will be here by Tuesday, when I take the afternoon off for a dental checkup. There is a DMV along the way, and I can get Beloved's name off both titles while I'm in the neighborhood.

Shortly after we married, we bought the Tardis from his mother. I've been making payments to her estate. When we put our names and the lien on the title, I also added him as an owner of Lorelai, in case I predeceased him. Changing it back will make the paperwork easier for my kids, should both vehicles outlast me.

I don't anticipate that they will, although there were a few hours yesterday when I wouldn't have objected too strenuously. My head, lungs, and ankles are all much happier today.

Sleep helps. I went to bed quite early after warming a bag of deer corn and tucking it into the crick of my neck when I pulled up the covers. When I come home from cleaning the chapel later this morning, I plan to do that again. I've been up since a little after 4:00, and there isn't time for a nap before I need to be at church.

I slept in Beloved's Packers shirt again. I will probably only take it off long enough to wash it and to go to church tomorrow. If I continue to stay well, I am going to the fireside in Arlington and will catch up on Downton Abbey next week. Although the DVD is supposed to be out on Tuesday. Adding that to the list.

Ravenous, two English muffins since waking to the contrary. And cold. And sleepy. All fiendish plots to keep me from keeping my word. But I will persevere.

No comments: