About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, January 06, 2014

New tricks.

This morning I turned on the audio feature  of the scriptures on my phone and read along.

Watched the first two episodes of Downton Abbey at Mel and Squishy's last night. Can't wait to get to work and do the Monday morning quarterbacking with my seestahs. Squishy and I were unable to get my TV to go from video to TV reception. So you'll know where to find me for the next several Sunday nights. Oh darn.

And I will be buying another TV when I'm ready to redo the living room. Oh darn.

I got lots and lots of knitting done yesterday. The cowl is approaching six inches in length, and the ball of yarn is only a little smaller than the size of my fist. That was one generous skein of sock yarn!

Heading into the office shortly for my first full week in awhile. That could get interesting about noon on Thursday, when my brain asks the musical question, "Shouldn't we have had a day off by now?" The major counties in Texas have just moved to mandatory e-filing. So we are learning new ways of doing old things. I've already had to spoil a check for a jury fee, for a case in a county that I thought hadn't made the switch.

I had a couple of lovely and apparently necessary weeps in the past 24 hours. And my ankles are looking amazingly girlish this morning. If this keeps up, I may be able to wear those ankle boots I bought awhile ago.

Over and out.

No comments: