About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Half a day's work, before breakfast.

The trash is on the curb. A load of laundry is in the dryer. Five large paper shopping bags are in Lorelai's back seat, along with two garbage bags and two briefcases. (I got that out to the car in two trips. Go, me!) A small envelope for Middlest is ready for stamps.

Last night I pulled more stuff out of the hall closet. Read a few pages in Preach My Gospel. Perused the paperwork for the refinance so I may add that information to my tax return. I am just about done with the itemized deductions. The good news is, out of pocket medical expenses were several thousand dollars less than in 2012. The bad news is that they don't appear to add up to 5% of AGI and will not be deductible. This is balanced by the fact that I will be getting a refund. And that after I file an amended return for 2012, I will be getting another, smaller one.

Tonight will be busy: stop by Jody's and taste test her attempt to replicate the pie I had for breakfast on our road trip. Pick up Fourthborn. Go to Knit Night. Take Fourthborn home. Come home. And somewhere in there, pick up the cooler I left at Secondborn's at Christmas.

This is the part where I grab the clean clothes, sluice off, run the donations to the thrift shop, and still get to work on time.

No comments: