About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Got 'er done.

Donations dropped off. Full day of work put in. Pie tested. Fourthborn picked up. Knit Night attended. Cooler picked up from Firstborn's. Sudden mutual craving for Arby's satisfied. Fourthborn dropped off. And then the long drive home.

Once here, I updated the spreadsheet with escrow information. My homeowner's  insurance premium jumped $300 over last year. I foresee at least a $25 increase in my mortgage payment in the very near future. Or the option of paying a lump sum, which is what I did last year. But in 176 payments, there will be no more mortgage, and that day will be here before I know it.

I am so thankful to have all those bags of stuff out of my living room and on their way to new homes. I have a box of paperwork and Scout stuff to sort through next. The hall closet is still not empty. I'm waiting to stow the Christmas bins until it is. Or at least I think I am.

On the one hand, I want to stow them once and be done with it until the day after Thanksgiving. On the other, I might feel less frustrated with how long this particular project is taking if I stowed now and tweaked later. That closet is turning out to be a clown car. Maybe I should rename it the Room of No Longer Requirement?

I envision it as a holiday closet: Christmas tree, tidy bins of ornaments and decorations, plus my smaller stashes of Easter and Halloween stuff. If there's room, a gift wrapping station squarely in the middle, although my bed serves well enough for that purpose.

Time to refuel and maybe set the timer for 15 minutes to see how much of that box I can sort out before I have to hop in the shower. I am home this evening. I am hoping that finish-itis will kick in. If not, there is Saturday, after helping to clean the chapel and before the drive-by fooding of the missionaries.

Girls just wanna be *done*.

No comments: