About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Happy teeth.

Happy dentist. Happy hygienist. Minimal lecturing. Happy me.

So on Sunday I thought about the various recent promptings I've had, and the need to organize them somehow so they all get a turn.

There are six divisions of provident living. Don't ask me to name them now. But six chunks of one's life which, if tended, lead to spiritual and temporal progress. Possibly even sanity or prosperity.

I need to take care of this body. I need to nourish mind and spirit as well. I'm sure the budget could use some tweaking. Work is an endless experiment in doing more-faster-better with less. I need social time and solitude.

So I'm dancing with the one what brung me: I created another page in my spreadsheet, like unto the one I used last year while saving for my banjo. I'm not trying to do everything all at once or even every day (except for scripture study and the like). But now I have a way to track what I'm doing, stay mindful, and see if my life is as balanced as I tell myself that it is.

We'll see how it goes.

No comments: