About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, January 20, 2014

Crabby. Distinctly so.

I was able to catch up on the Downton Abbey episode I missed last week. It was hard to watch. Just made me livid. Poor Anna. (And my dreams were bizarre last night.) Last night's episode was another perspective on the topic. Anna's behavior is classic PTSD. Whereas Branson's response to being taken advantage of is far more healthy. Poor Mrs. Hughes, who is privy to both stories and only allowed to help in one.

I will be glad for the day when the Savior reigns, and women are safe from the worst sort of men, and men are safe from scheming women. There will no doubt still be misunderstandings, but there will also be purity of intent, so forgiveness will come much more easily when we trespass against one another.

Meanwhile, I might be a little twitchy until my ghosts are quiet again.

No comments: