About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

On field trips and neckties.

Yesterday I went to Hico with my friend Jody. Field trip to Wiseman House Chocolates. Well worth the time and effort. Serious stash enhancement! Came home and had a nap, then some grocery shopping. Made pigs in blankets for the first time since marrying Beloved. (We did not do biscuits from a tube while he lived. I wanted comfort food last night, with zero effort.)

I am playing catch up on the Sunday School lessons this morning. Interspersed with puttering. I spent about half an hour sorting through Beloved's old ties, four hangers' worth. Kept almost all of the silk ones, either to turn into doll clothes or to repair my necktie skirt. The ties are now in a basket in my studio, and the back of the door to the hall closet is 95% uncluttered. Time for me to read last week's SS lesson, but what I really want to do is take a nap. I've been up for four hours already.

Quirk: I habitually wash my hands with cold water. For as long as I can remember. I have been wondering this week why I don't allow myself the few seconds it takes for the water to get warm so that I may wash them in comfort.

Time to move the books aside and set the alarm for a couple of hours. When I doze off in the middle of a post, that suggests where my priorities ought to be.

No comments: