About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A “Host” of Ideas

For those of you who are not sick of the Twilight series, and maybe for some of you who are, this essay from another LDS writer.

And for those of you who are musically or culturally inclined, Natalie Cole and David McCullough are the soloists for the Christmas broadcast of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

I forgot to read the entire article, so at this writing I am not sure if it is David McCullough of PBS fame, or David McCullough who was Ilya Kuryakin on The Man from U.N.C.L.E. Oh wait. That was David McCallum. [Oops!] Who according to Wikipedia is apparently on 'NCIS' (NCSI?)these days, which I would know if I watched TV.

Now that I have thoroughly embarrassed myself, this might be a good time to distract all of you by revealing that Cuprit’s second incarnation may be imminent. Fourthborn got an email from the manufacturer yesterday, stating that the extra set of eyes she had ordered is no longer available, and they will be crediting her account. [They sent her an identical email two or three days before shipping out Ms. Missing-in-Action in early September. She emailed back, to that effect.] So when I went to bed last night, we were hoping for a fresh shipping notice, though it is entirely possible that she will just show up when we least expect her.

Or not.

I have the bag with her clothing, waiting in the trunk. The reigning mood chez Ravelled is cautious optimism. Enhanced by the civility with which the Buffalo Gold Lux is behaving on my needles as I work on my sister’s possibly-won’t-be-belated-after-all birthday present.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I actually took a moment and read the Meridian article that you linked to. It was very good!

Kristen said...

Hah! When I read that David McCullough would be performing with the MTC my mind went immediately to The Man from UNCLE! Funny to see you did it too :)