About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Why boys should not take me to lunch.

9:00am – four hours until lunch
10:30am – two and a half hours until lunch
11:56am – one hour and four minutes until – holy cow! I forgot to go up to switchboard at 11:30!
12:17pm – I hope my stomach doesn’t growl in the car on the way to the restaurant
12:20pm – my hands are shriveling and crêping as we speak
12:22pm – I have the soundtrack from the club scene in “Shall We Dance?” running through my head; all those trumpets are making me nervous
12:26pm – (while scanning documents at switchboard) oh-my-heck, my face is breaking out
12:31pm – holy cow, he’s early
12:56pm – we are outta here!
2:25pm – je suis rempli des poissons [and dirty rice, and coleslaw, and tartar sauce, and hush puppies, and there is a slice of lemon pie waiting for me in the fridge]
2:30pm – (as I am logging in my request for half an hour of PT because the service was, ahem, leisurely) we could do this again sometime

[Let the record show that the first time I had dinner with Brother Sushi, I spazzed, even though we agreed beforehand that we would only ever be JustFriends. And the first time I dined with Trainman, I called two daughters and Brother Sushi and gave them all Trainman’s license number, just in case I came up missing between the appetizer and the dessert. New male presence in my life or shift in context with male presence in my life or reintroduction of male presence in my life, it mattereth not. Spazzing, there will be. Once I had the plate in front of me, I relaxed. Oh, and that pie? He was right: best lemon pie ever; I ate mine at my desk while transcribing a tape, just before leaving the office.]

@Firstborn: Not the top shelf, honey; that’s where the milk and juice go.



You will be pleased to know that all the stuff I hung up Monday night is dry, and I hung up more stuff when I got home from Knit Night; the bag [while back in the fridge] is considerably smaller.

I also did a lot of swatching yesterday. All my shots were blurry, so you will just have to wait. I’m still not done swatching. I ♥ this yarn! It is easy on the hands, easy on the eyes, crisp without being stiff. I think the next bit of swatching, after I finish the current eyelet pattern, is going to include a few cables.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I second Jenni's comments, the laundry may not be on the top shelf, but you are still strange. :)

Jenni said...

At least you have cookie dough in there too. I will make you some of mine that you can keep in there and cook and / or nibble if you want.

Sherry said...

I have to admit, laundry in the fridge is a new one for me....