About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Thursday, October 08, 2009

“Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?”

This, the question posed by one of my attorneys as I let him into our suite, because I had asked him “Who was that masked man?” [Tag line at the end of each episode of “The Lone Ranger”, to which the response was inevitably, “I don’t know. But he left this silver bullet.”]

I told my attorney, “Wrong show.”

“But the Shadow knows.”

“So does every woman who has dated a man.”

“Funny, that’s what my wife says!”

The Yarn Harlot was brilliant as usual yesterday, and I am buying that pattern.

Knitting Daily’s email yesterday was entitled “Knitting Patterns for Men”. Why on earth would I want to knit myself a man? I would probably just have to frog him repeatedly. [Froggings will continue until morale improves.]

Oh, I crack myself up!

Just in case you weren’t convinced of it already, Facebook is insidious. I was shinnying down my Wall, when I read that one of my [pregnant] friends was craving Taco Bueno. And I had already been thinking about Taco Bueno, wondering if I wanted to get in the car when I was so comfy here at home.

I think we know the answer to that.



MovieMom had this beautiful little film on her blog.



May we all be more gentle with one another. And, because I am four:



Click to embiggen. I drove behind that bus for several miles on Monday morning. The motto on all the other buses in the station reads Stop Less Go More. Some wiseguy removed the S from this one.

2 comments:

Rorek said...

Oh Bueno, how I miss thee. ;_; I do have a lovely authentic Mexican restaurant nearby but it's not cheap like Taco Bueno.

Jenni said...

Why don't I ever get to see a cool bus like that? Oh, maybe because there is no public transport in my city.