About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, December 02, 2016

Home, safe, well-fed, and itchy.

I think I may be allergic to something in the apple cider that I bought, because mid-afternoon, while I was typing up a storm, I suddenly realized that my left ankle hurt. I pulled up my pantleg and saw that my leg was as swollen as if I had not been taking a diuretic for the better part of the month, and it nearly as red as a perfectly cooked lobster. There was an indentation an eighth of an inch deep all the way around, right at the level of my sock elastic. And my ankles itched like fury. I put some lotion on them and got back to work. The swelling has gone down considerably, as has the redness, and they don't itch any more, but both ankles are still distinctly unhappy.

It's 8:30 on Friday night, and I've just figured out the music for church on Sunday. I realized while in the shower this morning that I had neglected to do so. Can't blame this one on the dead people. I had to leave voicemails for the YW president and the choir director, as I didn't have a final copy of the choir program for the 18th. The YW president called me back, then emailed me what she had. Couldn't open it here on my desktop, but I could from my phone, so I got to work. I still need to put together the program for Christmas Day, but I need to find out if the cellist has his solo that day or the week before.

Middlest reminded me that tomorrow is the day we pick up our new quilt blocks, and I haven't even pre-shrunk the material for the current blocks. So I will do that before hitting the sack, and cut things out early in the morning (because I'll probably wake up at the usual time), and then Middlest and I will work together to get the job done.

I'm not quite as tired tonight as I was last night, but much as I would love to work on family history, taking care of this crabby body is a somewhat higher priority.

No comments: