About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, December 04, 2016

Sabbath blessings.

I have foregone the usual Sunday afternoon nap in favor of wrapping presents for my grandchildren and my sister. I need to pick up a book for BittyBubba and Bittiest, but I am otherwise done, and it was so much fun to cut and wrap and tape. I have four large brown grocery bags labeled with names, as I've not yet added ribbons or tags.

Middlest has been fighting migraine all day, but we spent a lovely couple of hours visiting quietly before and after the First Presidency's Christmas devotional.

While at church, I turned the heel on the baby sock I've been nibbling away at. I got most of the way through the heel gusset decreases during the last couple of talks in the devotional.

This morning I roughed out the program for Christmas Day, but the brother who will be performing on the cello was not at church today and thus far has not replied to my email.

Looking forward to a busy week at work, knitting at the new yarn shop on Thursday night, picking up Fourthborn on Friday night, family fun on Saturday, and the ward Christmas party on Saturday night.

I am gently tired, vaguely hungry, minimally achy, and ready to clear the wrapping debris off my bed and throw myself into it.

No comments: