About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Made it to Thursday.

Variation on the theme of "the days are short, but the weeks are long." Middlest had the routine monthly checkup this morning. Discussed with the Good Doctor the advisability of upping the migraine meds to the next level, because this one has been going off and on (mostly on) for the better part of a month. So the thinking is, new dose early in the day and maybe a pill cut in half later in the day, to see if that's enough of a boost to encourage the migraine to go and stay gone awhile, without drastically increasing any side effects.

I had a remarkably productive day at work, once I got there (I mailed my sister's Christmas package after dropping Middlest off at home). That was so funny. I was taking the usual route to work and had gotten maybe a mile from home while pondering whether to go to the big post office before work or afterwards. I suddenly realized that we have a perfectly good post office a few blocks from the house, and it wouldn't be much of a circle-back to get there, so I did. I was in and out in maybe five minutes, and I got to my desk five minutes before my scheduled PTO was over, so I piddled around and sorted out my vitamins, etc., until 10:30, powered up my workstation, and emailed my office manager that I was at my desk and ready to go.

In late afternoon, we had the annual party put on by the building management. This year it was catered by a local Tex-Mex restaurant, and I limited myself to one party taco and one black bean chalupa. Then I went back upstairs and finished up some work until it was time to go. I also reminded TheKid that we have two answers due on Monday. He's been so busy settling cases that he hasn't had time to sign off on the new ones. I think SemperFi settled three or four this week. It will be a few weeks before I can actually close them. We can dangle the money in front of Plaintiff's counsel to encourage them to have their clients sign the release. We have very little sway over the clerks in the courts, or the honorable judges.

After work I came home, put away some stuff, and then Middlest and I headed back down to the new yarn store for Knit Night. I recognized two of the women from last week and remembered the name of one of them, and there were new faces, but only half as many people there as last week, which was good for Middlest's anxiety levels.

It helped that Middlest found a yarn that doesn't send up hives, so that I can knit some mitts with intricate cabling and half-fingers. I even let the shop owner wind the balls for me, just in case the urge to cast on once we got home was overly compelling. (It wasn't. But probably tomorrow, and I managed to put two rows on my shawl, which hasn't seen any effort on my part in at least three weeks.)

And now it's time for me to take my meds, shut out the world, and crash. I am determined to be in bed by what I laughingly call my normal bedtime. Which is neither normal, nor regular.

Night, y'all.

No comments: