About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Still breathing.

I coughed a lot yesterday, enough that Middlest was concerned about pneumonia. Having had it before, I was pretty sure that that was not the case, although there was a lot of stuff trying to migrate down into my lungs.

Made a late-night run to a 24-hour pharmacy and picked up some non-drowsy Sudafed. Big mistake. Had the devil of a time falling and staying asleep. When the alarm went off this morning, I half-heartedly started getting ready for work. At a few minutes until 7:00, I still wasn't dressed, and my voice was unmistakably in 1-900 territory, so I called in sick, played a few hands of solitaire, and went back to bed. Slept until the alarm went off at 2:00 for the next round of antibiotics.

So, overall, a remarkably intelligent decision.

I have felt significantly less drippy today, with nowhere near as much coughing, and what there was, not as bone-rattling. I had enough spoons to make a double batch of risotto for dinner tonight.

Note to self: do not even think about working a complex cabled pattern while getting up to stir the risotto every three to five to ten minutes. Two hours of knitting, frogged in less than a minute. I'm nearly to the point where I stopped, but I haven't read my scriptures today, and it's time to take the handful of meds which are my pre-bedtime routine. And, praise be, I'm feeling sleepy again.

Here's hoping that I'm well enough to go to work tomorrow. I promise not to be stupid about it.

No comments: