About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Not what I thought my life would be at 60+


Something to subdue my blood sugar. Something to subdue my cholesterol. Something to subdue the revolt in my sinuses. Something to subdue my anxiety. Something to calm my muscles. I snapped this picture, and took these prescriptions, before I remembered that I also needed to take the Mucinex.

Took a five hour nap this afternoon-into-evening, waking at ten when my alarm said that it was time for the above. Made a pot of spinach and chive linguini, lightly dressed with pesto sauce. Enough left to fill one of my lunch containers and about two tablespoons more.

Me to Middlest: Hey, come eat these last two tablespoons of linguini so I can wash the pot.
Middlest to me: Nope.
Me to Middlest: No???
And then mutual laughter, because nope was promptly followed by the explanation that there was no room at the inn, Mary.

We opened our presents at 12:01, and I am getting sleepy again. Alarm is set for 6:00, for the next round of meds. I have no idea if I will sleep the entire night, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Merry Christmas, all y'all!

1 comment: