About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Not what I thought my life would be at 60+


Something to subdue my blood sugar. Something to subdue my cholesterol. Something to subdue the revolt in my sinuses. Something to subdue my anxiety. Something to calm my muscles. I snapped this picture, and took these prescriptions, before I remembered that I also needed to take the Mucinex.

Took a five hour nap this afternoon-into-evening, waking at ten when my alarm said that it was time for the above. Made a pot of spinach and chive linguini, lightly dressed with pesto sauce. Enough left to fill one of my lunch containers and about two tablespoons more.

Me to Middlest: Hey, come eat these last two tablespoons of linguini so I can wash the pot.
Middlest to me: Nope.
Me to Middlest: No???
And then mutual laughter, because nope was promptly followed by the explanation that there was no room at the inn, Mary.

We opened our presents at 12:01, and I am getting sleepy again. Alarm is set for 6:00, for the next round of meds. I have no idea if I will sleep the entire night, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Merry Christmas, all y'all!

1 comment:

Tan said...

Merry Christmas!