About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, December 24, 2010

Almost there.



The bottom package is mine, from my sister. [I will open it tomorrow morning, whenever the Insomnia Fairy smacks me upside the head with her wand.] The larger bag on the left is full of LittleBit’s stuff, plus her birthday card for Sunday. The smaller bag on the right has stuff for Secondborn. And the little red bling bag is holding the first row of Lark’s shawlette. I am waiting for the bead shop to open at 10:00 so that I may buy 644 beads.

Alison, you had asked how many plies the Manos Lace has. My gut reaction was that it was a singles. I was wrong; it’s a two-ply. I’m not sure if I will use 6° beads or 8° beads; will have to see which is a better match, colorwise.

After I got all those stitches cast on and the first row worked (with markers inserted between pattern repeats), I poured the last of the milk into a glass measuring cup with a tablet of Abuelita (Mexican hot chocolate) and nuked away at two-minute intervals until I got this:



The box on the left is Godiva(!), from my attorney. I have yet to open it, but no doubt there will be incursions throughout the day. I will pick up a few groceries this morning, including what I’m taking to Secondborn’s tomorrow for Christmas dinner. But mostly I plan to sit on the couch and watch movies and play with this:



Leftover Malabrigo and Manos del Uruguay from last year’s Fair Isle project. Christmas stocking ornaments, one for each of the grandkids, if I get enough of them cranked out. And if not, I’ll save them for next year.

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Oh good on the two-ply. And I love that you can now buy Malabrigo plied. Speaking of which, back to work for me!