About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Don’t you call *me* a chocolate pecan tart!

December 15: Nephi saw in vision the Savior’s birth and ministry before and after the Lord’s Crucifixion. Read Nephi’s account in 1 Ne. 11:3-33; 1 Ne. 12:4-8.

Clarification: no, I did not just finish a 1999 ornament for Middlest. [I concede that it is a fair question, considering that I gave your big sister the completed quilt I began when she was in kindergarten, when she was in 8th grade. But, no.] I *found* the ornaments I made for all y’all in 1999, and one by one I am getting them back to you. Firstborn and Fourthborn have theirs. Middlest will soon have hers. And you and LittleBit will get yours at Christmas. (Take that any way you like.)

My home teachers came over last night, bringing joy and the second chapter of Luke and listening ears. Good thing, too; I appear to have been vaccinated with a phonograph needle. Bishop asked for a spinning demonstration, which I gave. He asked how wool is dyed (and was probably sorry he had, LOL). We talked about how much we like his sister-in-law-in-law (were your ears burning?)

I shared the micro-drama generated recently by the father of my children (i.e., he thinks it would be a good idea if we remarried, and I am filibustering like you would not believe). And my home teachers prayed that I would have a peaceful and joyful and drama-free Christmas.

Their mouths to Heaven’s ears.

Not much knitting yesterday. I did get about half of the gusset stitches picked up along one side of the heel flap. And no chocolate pecan tart baked last night, good intentions notwithstanding. I had everything on hand except the chocolate chips, and the patience, and the desire to leave my warm living room to buy more chocolate chips.

So this morning I have a 13x9 pan of brownies baking, for today’s Christmas luncheon at the office, and my temple bag is by the door for tonight. I have polished off the last of the virgin eggnog and also the last of the cottage cheese. And I have swept up the shards of a glass jar of cotton balls that became depressed last night and took a fatal leap off the back of the commode, falling between it and the tub. I was too sleepy last night to do the job properly, so I put the lid down and the dustpan on top of it, to remind myself to tread lightly in there until this morning and relative consciousness.

Listened to the first of three Kenny Wayne Shepherd CD’s to and from work yesterday. Will toss another one into the Ubiquitous Red Bag, but I doubt that I will get to it today, as today’s listening pleasure in my Book of Mormon CD is the fifth chapter of Jacob. My Latter-Day Saint friends are nodding and smiling or groaning: it’s the longest chapter in the entire Book of Mormon. It’s also one of my favorites.

I will probably burn that last half hour of PT this morning, wrangling the brownies out of the oven, into Lorelai, and on down the road to work. Mmm, they are starting to smell plausible...

1 comment:

Jenni said...

See my blog post today