About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Friday, December 03, 2010

Just hand over my breakfast and no one gets hurt.

I think there is a dance in Plano tonight. I think my favorite might be DJ’ing. I need to check on that. I may or may not make it. I’ve been doing stuff three nights in a row, and a quiet evening at home sounds mighty appealing. [Note: that Plano activity is next Saturday, when I will be at our ward’s Night in Old Bethlehem. So I can enjoy that quiet evening at home, guilt-free.]

I need to do something about brownies for today’s lunch-and-a-movie. We’re watching the second half of “It’s A Wonderful Life”. Not sure that I would remember (or want to) not to lick my fingers if I made the brownies I was planning to make. [My appointment for that research project is at 7:30, and I have to go there fasting.] Might be wiser to make a run through the bakery section on my way to work.

I just tried Willow’s sock. I need to do a little math, but I think I am within half an inch of beginning the toe decreases. My foot is shorter and wider than hers

Crazy-tired. I took my three hours of comp time yesterday afternoon, ran an errand, hung out in a bookstore until time to go to the temple. Came home with the new Interweave Knits and Verena, the latter mostly for inspiration for doll sweaters.

Thankfully, it will be a busy day at work. And then I will come home and set the table for tomorrow, because it gives me joy.

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

It's 11: 15 at night and now I want to go make brownies. This is *your* fault!