About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Oops.

I’ve been saying that Lark’s shawlette is knitted from Malabrigo Lace. Wrong. It’s Manos del Uruguay Lace. When I went into Ravelry to set this project up, I discovered my mistake.

In other oopsness, the last beaded row is done. Comic note: I did not spill the small bowl containing the beads I had decanted, until the last working bead was on my crochet hook, and there were only about a dozen beads left in the bowl. I *think* I got them all swept up, but you are welcome to walk around barefoot and see if I'm right...

Next up are ten eight rows of a simple lace pattern, and then another ten rows with the first batch of decreases. At which point I will have worked 11,718 stitches. When those rows are done, we have 46 rows of short-rows remaining, and I think they will go pretty quickly. There is a decent chance that Lark’s shawlette will be done, or nearly done, by the end of the week. [You are not invited to speculate upon how long it will take me to block it.]

The surviving beads are put away. My crochet hooks are all in their new case, with spaces for the three steel hooks which I need to replace. And I have all the red hooks (which I have been patiently collecting over the past couple of years) that I am likely to need, all the way up to size K. I know they also make an N, and I think they make a P. But since you’ll rarely find me in the vicinity of a bulky yarn, I’m not mourning the lack of those two.

Today I go back to work. It’s been a lovely long weekend, with another one just ahead. I need to focus on the display I’ve promised to make for the New Year’s Eve dance on Friday night. It probably wouldn’t hurt for me to check my regular email for updates from the friend who is in charge.

Time to pack my bag for work and figure out what I want to wear. Part of me wants to sit on the couch all day and knit. More of me is ready to get back to the job I love. I think I got the proportion of people time and solitude just about right, this past weekend. I have started filling another bag with items to donate, and I’ve picked out the CD’s I want to listen to next.

Can’t wait to see how the day unfolds.

No comments: