About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Mugging for the camera

Mugging the First:



Above, with permission of the photographer, our friend Rhonda; likewise the new guy’s permission. Click to embiggen?

Mugging the Second:



Yes, the store in Dallas called me yesterday to say that at long last, they had found the mug I’d ordered. So I drove up after work and bought it.

Work was deliciously busy, and it looks as if I will be even busier today. He was dictating like mad all day; the other attorney has stuff that needs to be done by tomorrow; and we have a new suit with the answer due on Monday.

Mount Washmore did not get tackled last night. Looks like I will be AWOL from Knit Night.

I got the results back from the medical study. All sorts of numbers to plug into my fitness program at work, including a specific number for my glucose level, which is stellar. I had to laugh at the cover letter, which referred to something about my lungs “as we discussed by phone,” which we most certainly did not, but we will tomorrow or the next day or whenever I can catch a breath [pun intended]. It’s a common condition and nothing to be concerned about. It’s just not normal. I will also discuss it with my wonderful primary care physician, who will tell me if it’s something that’s shown up before on my yearly chest X-rays. My CPAP is one of the treatments, as is exercise.

I have zero plaque in my arteries, and a less than 5% chance of developing heart disease.

All in all, a rather nice gift for Christmas this year!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

It doesn't embiggen. Maybe if you click on the picture from where ever you found it and enlarge that version before you save it. I think this is as big as the photo gets for now. Lovely though, you look like you're having fun.