About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Attribution and subversion. [Hallelujah!]

I came home from Relief Society on Sunday with all manner of handouts. One of them is for Learning More About the Savior: 12 Days of Reading. I wanted to share it on Facebook and here, but lacked the attribution. And we know how I am about copyrighted material.

I wasn’t able to find this on the new official website, but Brother Google came to my rescue.

So, for your reading-and-pondering enjoyment, here is the selection for today: The prophet Isaiah foretold and testified of the Savior’s divine mission and birth in Isa. 7:14-15; Isa. 9:6-7; Isa. 53. There are bits of Isaiah which I cannot read without hearing Brother Handel’s lovely music from Messiah.

I finished the heel flap and got the heel turned on Willow’s sock yesterday. And figured out what to give my wonderful sister. (I also have a head start on next year’s present, but that’s another story for another day.) So there will be a detour to the 24/7 post office on my way to work this morning. Middlest, I am also mailing your 1999 Christmas ornament to you.

Tonight I get to bake a chocolate pecan tart for our Christmas luncheon tomorrow. Let’s hope my cooking mojo really is back from her extended absence.

And now if you will all excuse me, I need to gather up a few more things to take, and tidy the coffee table, before getting ready for work. No Knit Night for me: home teacher is coming over tonight, and I’m handing him a short but crucial honey-do list.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

We are almost done with finals and my hubby can help with things that might be on that list and still undone.

Bonnie said...

Mom, please tell me you didn't just finish making an ornament for Middlest that you started in '99.