About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Good news and more good news.

It’s either the O2 sensor or the catalytic converter, both of which are easy to get to on Lorelai, and neither of which renders the car unsafe to drive. He told me to go to a parts store and give them the code; I’ll bring back the part, and since the garage will be open next Friday (New Year’s Eve), we will take care of it then. I also got her oil changed while I was there.

I had to convert another 3.75 hours of vacation to PT, and I used 2.25 hours of it yesterday. Now I get to figure out how to use up the remaining hour and a half without messing up anybody else’s schedule. We will be extremely short-handed, beginning today.

I did get a lot accomplished at work yesterday. Worked straight through lunch and took mine at the end of the day. The jumper needle is working fine, so far, for casting on Lark’s shawlette. I stopped at the Shabby Sheep and bought a size 7 Addi Lace needle for the body, and since we are getting off an hour early today, I will see if I can pick up the beads after work (or tomorrow if the bead shop is open).

Between the yarn shop and my friend’s house, I stopped at B&BW and stocked up, on sale.



Had another great dinner with my friend J at Chop House Burgers. And this time I was able to score a slice of their sawdust pie, which has nothing to do with woodworking and everything to do with coconut, pecans, and other delights. Think of it as the edible equivalent of particleboard, and about that dense, and you will not be far off.

Then we drove down to the store where LittleBit works, and I bought this:



Buy two lipsticks, get one free, and because my purchase was over $15, I also brought this home:



Some people might think that this is a tarted-up makeup bag. We knitters know better.

And then I came home and threw all my whites into the laundry bag, and the laundry bag into the car, and did two loads, and ate half of my pie and saved the rest of it for breakfast, and chatted briefly with the new guy. We were both one yawn short of exhausted.

And then I went to bed, where (miracle of miracles) I had another good night’s sleep. Having polished off the rest of the pie, I am grabbing a bottle of milk and my knitting and scooting out the door. We get off an hour early today, and I am taking a change of clothes, because today we get to wear sneakers with our jeans and holiday tops. And tonight I am going to the temple.

There might even be a nice bowl of jalapeno cream soup in my future. [We will, we will Rock(fish) you.]

1 comment:

Jenni said...

And the best part about your upcoming weekend is opening the awesome present your children have gotten for you!!!