About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, November 10, 2016

All righty then.

Spent some time cooking with Middlest tonight. Browned a pound of ground beef. Added a package of sliced mushrooms and half of a red onion. Tossed in a pinch of granulated garlic, some black sesame seeds, some dried parsley, a bit of Mrs. Dash. When the meat was brown, we tossed in maybe a cup of sun-dried tomatoes and a (drained) can of black beans. Just about perfect. I'd made a pot of brown rice last Saturday, so we served the jollop over rice, had a few bites, and decided it needed a dollop or two of sour cream.

Perfect.

I've been staying with the hydration today. There's very little swelling in my left ankle, and hardly any redness.

For dessert, Middlest and I pored over the FairyLand and Denver Doll websites. We have an order cobbled together, and I'll call the store tomorrow while the attorneys are in their monthly meeting, or maybe when SemperFi is at lunch so I can go into his office and close the door. I'm going to do a three-month layaway: 25% down, and 25% each month until it's paid for. Which means that three dolls, a wig, two silicone dome caps (which fit between the head and the wig, to keep dark wigs from discoloring a doll's head), two pairs of boots, and two pairs of shoes will all hit Chez Ravelled at approximately the same time. Or more accurately, hit my office and then come home to Chez Ravelled if they arrive while we are en route to Tennessee to get the rest of Middlest's stuff.

Time to take my meds and call it a day, if I can resist the call of the current novel.

No comments: