About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, November 14, 2016

Oh dear. I should be in bed.

I just looked at the time. I'm about to turn into a pumpkin.

Exciting news: my little sheepie girl is on-shipment. The package was picked up from Denver Doll this afternoon. I wasn't expecting her for another three months!

Knit did not happen today. But I did make a pot of potato leek soup for tomorrow's lunch or dinner. Fourthborn is still here (yay! and she and Middlest got to hang out with Squishy and Mel today) and will go home after Knit Night tomorrow.

I signed up for next year's health plan. My basic premium has gone up $50 a month, and I'm taking the maximum amount possible out for my healthcare flex spending account. Which means that until my raise kicks in, we are back to the amount of take-home I had before I paid off the line of credit. Middlest and I have started brainstorming about ways to economize, and the three of us figured out what to do about lunch and dinner tomorrow. Hence the leek and potato soup.

Bueno will not be getting a lot, or maybe any, of my business for the next four or five months. I'm hoping for a good raise and a generous bonus and a decent tax refund.

I'm not worried. I've lived on far less and thought myself well-off. But we're going to have to start menu planning and not simply flying by the seat of our pants. (Which will probably be a blessing, but still...)

Way past time to take my meds and go to bed. I'm so excited about the doll that it might be difficult to fall asleep.

No comments: