About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, November 21, 2016

Yes, we have a piano! We have a piano todayyyyy!

Picture to follow as soon as practicable. It's set up (sortof) in the dining room, but somebody needs to screw the keyboard and the stand together again. Neither of us has the spoons to manage that tonight. Middlest saw a lot of keyboards like this while working at a resale shop in Virginia and says that this is no rinky-dink keyboard, but a real electric piano. It's a little worn, which pleases me. My knit-sib sent a sheaf of piano books home with me, so I will have an orderly way to teach myself how to play.

I also have two gorgeous new-to-me end tables, one of which is likely to end up in Middlest's room, and the other in my studio(?). Pleasantly worn, and more than a little quirky. Right now they are still in the back of the Tardis, because no spoons.

We went to Target and found two nice pairs of dress slacks for Middlest, and a V-neck pullover. Plus a surge protector for the piano, because my friend had owned it for twelve years, and their kids (now grown) were still kids, and the "on" button is permanently on. And two Kind bars, because it was nearly 9:00, and big gut was chewing on little gut. We hit In N Out on the way home, for burgers only, and I just ate a sliver of pumpkin pie.

I am going to take my meds and play a couple of games of solitaire while dinner settles. Hoping to be in bed and unconscious before midnight. Am thinking that Knit Night is fast becoming a dim possibility this week.

Night, y'all.


No comments: