About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Need feedback, please

If you are reading this from somewhere in the EU, can you see a notice which Google says they've put on my blog?

The following three paragraphs have popped up on the nuts-and-bolts page of my blog:

"European Union laws require you to give European Union visitors information about cookies used on your blog. In many cases, these laws also require you to obtain consent.


"As a courtesy, we have added a notice on your blog to explain Google's use of certain Blogger and Google cookies, including use of Google Analytics and AdSense cookies.

"You [Ms.Ravelled] are responsible for confirming this notice actually works for your blog, and that it displays. If you employ other cookies, for example by adding third party features, this notice may not work for you. Learn more about this notice and your responsibilities."

While rooting around, I discovered that somebody in France (or several somebodies) has/have accumulated 2109 pageviews. Merci beaucoups! How on earth did you / y'all find me?

In other news, when I wake up tomorrow morning I will PayPal $50 to a friend in my local knitting group. After work I will drive to her house and bring home a full-sized keyboard with weighted keys. Once Middlest and I have set it up, I will proceed to hang any number of pictures and quilts on that wall.

In preparation for this, I bent the Sabbath slightly. A couple of weeks ago I pulled the bins which hold my considerable stash of wrapping paper out from under the table in front of my dining room window. Those bins are now stacked neatly in a corner of my studio. Before church, I shoved eight of the thirteen boxes of food storage that were lined up against a dining room wall, under that table. After church I moved a rolling cart a few feet north in my studio, and I stacked the other five boxes where the cart had been. I've moved the basin sink (which I devoutly hope will be installed next year) into my studio, atop a stack of storage tubs, and an impressive pile of fabric for doll clothes is sitting inside it.

Except for a small box of makeup and the disassembled large Christmas tree, that wall is now bare. It should be easy to bring the keyboard in and set it up. Another hour or so of work, and the dining room / conservatory will be usable as such.

The age of miracles is not past.

No comments: