About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, November 28, 2016

Hung out with the dead people again tonight.

Finished the name that I paused on last night and have begun linking records to names in the subsequent email.

Had a warm response from the wife of a fourth cousin once removed. They live in Nashville. We are discussing a drive-by hugging when Middlest and I head to Tennessee next spring to pick up the rest of the stuff.

Emptied out the bag into which I had popped my sister's Christmas presents and discovered a book that I had browsed and bought on Halloween when Middlest and I fled to the bookstore instead of handing out candy to the thundering herd. Sorted through what was mostly junk mail, retrieved the bits that were important, chunked a fat handful into the bag by the front door where we temporarily stow the outbound recycling, and a thinner handful on top of the shredder. I've retrieved a roll of wrapping paper from my studio. The gifts may or may not get wrapped tonight. Right now I'm sitting down and resting my feet.

I schlepped all of the Secret Santa gifts to work today and managed to deliver one while the recipient was at lunch. I also wrote notes to the sisters on my VT letter route and got them mailed out with three handouts apiece, plus information about the Christmas program on the 18th and the sacrament-only meeting on Christmas Day. And I remembered to report to my VT supervisor.

We church folk are nothing if not a orderly bunch of busy bees.

I am fighting sleep. I didn't pack quite enough protein for lunch today, but I managed to keep moving and productive. The secretary who was out for roughly ten days was back at work today, and it was a pleasure to show her how little remained for her to do. I got all of my To Do's worked, answered a flobbity-jillion emails, and generally kept all of the plates spinning. It was wonderful to get in the Tardis at the end of the day, fire up my Eva Cassidy station on Pandora, and head for home.

Middlest has another migraine and is snoozing already.

I should be doing a spot of laundry, and it's just going to have to wait until tomorrow. We are abstaining from Knit Night until after the first of the year, because of the traffic around the malls, plural.

That's all I've got for you tonight. Sleep tight, and don't let the bedbugs bite. (Hard to believe that there's a resurgence of those little bozos.)

No comments: