About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Cleaned out another email of record hints

Middlest did two loads of laundry today, notwithstanding a migraine. I polished off the last load after dinner.

Work went well. We have the monthly staff meeting tomorrow morning, and I'm not particularly looking forward to it. My body has adjusted fairly well to the diuretic, but I'm still back and forth to the loo in the mornings. I will need to sit near the door. I'm hoping that this meeting doesn't run for two hours.

On my way home from work, I bought Christmas ornaments for the grands on my side of the family. (When I have a relationship with those on the Beloved side of the family, they will get presents as well. But since I'm persona non grata with one of the twins and have an intermittent but increasingly cordial relationship with the other twin, and since neither of the twins knows how to write a simple thank you note, I don't feel obligated. I'm not an ATM machine.)

While updating the mortgage information on my spreadsheet, I clicked on the "check your FICOS score" button and was astounded to learn that I now have excellent credit. This was not the case when I refinanced the house three years ago. As I build history with my credit card, I expect that the score will creep higher over the next three years.

Middlest has been snoozing quietly since I got home tonight. I hope to be emulating that good example shortly.

No comments: