About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, November 04, 2016

Flamingo!


This is what I sent my sister for her birthday. The flamingos are a reference to a long-running joke that she had with our Aunt Meb. These flamingos are paper clips. The chocolates are from an artisan shop west of downtown Dallas. I made the button bracelet I-don't-know-how-many years ago. And bought myself a copy of that book when I bought hers.

This has been a stellar day. I was one of the winners of an enterprise-wide contest and was startled to see my name at the top of a list of 30 winners. (So far as I know, 15 minutes of fame is the sole reward. Made the office manager and managing attorney very pleased, at any rate.)

Late in the afternoon, a complicated case (with our answer due Monday morning) was assigned to SemperFi. Our valiant admin got it mostly entered into the system and will finish that task on Monday. Another coworker got our team linked to it so I could generate documents. I was quite happy to stay late to file the answer after SemperFi went over it. I got 28 minutes of OT, which will come in quite handy, as I've found a doll I want. Two, actually. I think I've mentioned the one with the wee mandolin. There's another, a mini-me of Chutzpah, and there's a Leia-bun wig available for that size.

I finished the first volume in Riordan's Norse trilogy about half an hour ago. I'm torn between starting the second book or finishing the gusset decreases on the current baby sock. My primary goal is to stay awake until 9:00, take my meds an hour early, and crash. I've been up until 11:30 for the past four nights, and I'm feeling it. Planning a deliberately quiet day tomorrow, punctuated with a dash over to the airport to visit with a friend who has a substantial layover. And then back into jammies I go.

No comments: