About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, November 05, 2016

Butterflies

Continuing with the critter theme, I present the wildlife du jour. This is the smaller of two prints which I bought at Main Street Arts Festival in April. I ordered the frame from Jerry's Artarama, because my beloved Hobby Lobby told me they couldn't get me a frame less than five inches wide. Jerry's had no problem delivering just what I wanted: a basic black frame that wouldn't overpower the print. I bought this print specifically to hang in this space, between the alcove in the dining room and the entrance to the hall that's near the door to my studio.


The next piece to be framed will be the cranes silhouetted against a full moon. Might be awhile, though. I need to finish clearing the bits from the medallion quilt out of the dining room and get that set up in my studio, get the Christmas tree out of the dining room (which will probably not happen until we set it up the day after Thanksgiving) and figure out what to do with the half-dozen boxes of food storage that are stacked against one wall.

Just had a flash of inspiration about the wrapping paper. If I mount a narrow basket (or two) on the inside of the door to the big IKEA wardrobe in my studio, and attach curtain rods or towel bars a couple of feet above them, I could get rid of the rolling tub and the red and green bin. Be right back. I need to go see how that is set up.

OK. Have created a new folder in Evernote and have put the door width and the height of the shelf from the bottom of the wardrobe. Have determined that the pre-fab Elfa solution is more than I want to pay, but at least it gives me a starting point. Will let this marinate until a frugal alternative makes itself known to me.

Muscle relaxer is kicking in. Night, y'all.

No comments: